The flying biscuit oatmeal pancake recipe is a delicious and healthy option for breakfast. It combines the goodness of oatmeal with the fluffy texture of pancakes, creating a delightful and satisfying meal perfect for starting your day.
With a few simple ingredients and easy instructions, you can recreate this tasty recipe at home and enjoy it whenever you want. Whether you’re a fan of oatmeal or pancakes, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
So, let’s dive in and learn how to make these mouthwatering oatmeal pancakes from the flying biscuit.
List The Ingredients Required To Make Flying Biscuit Oatmeal Pancakes
Flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes are a delectable breakfast option that combines the goodness of rolled oats with a fluffy pancake texture. To create these mouthwatering treats, it’s important to use quality ingredients that will elevate the taste and ensure the best results.
Here are the key ingredients you’ll need:
- Rolled oats: These provide a hearty and wholesome base for the pancakes, adding a delightful nutty flavor.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works perfectly in this recipe, giving the pancakes a light and fluffy texture.
- Sugar: A touch of sugar adds a hint of sweetness to the oatmeal pancakes, balancing the flavors.
- Baking powder: This leavening agent helps the pancakes rise and results in a fluffy consistency.
- Baking soda: Combined with the buttermilk, baking soda enhances the pancake’s tenderness.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt enhances the overall taste and brings out the flavors in the pancake batter.
- Buttermilk: Adding buttermilk not only lends a subtle tanginess but also contributes to the pancakes’ tenderness.
- Eggs: Eggs are a crucial ingredient, providing structure and richness to the pancakes.
- Butter: Unsalted butter adds a luscious richness and flavor to the pancakes, making them incredibly satisfying.
Remember, using high-quality ingredients is essential to achieve the perfect flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes. So, take the time to pick the freshest ingredients available to elevate your pancake experience and enjoy a truly delightful breakfast treat.
Preparation And Cooking Instructions
Flying Biscuit Oatmeal Pancake Recipe: Deliciously Simple!
Soaking the oats in buttermilk:
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of rolled oats and 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Stir until the oats are well coated with the buttermilk.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight, allowing the oats to soak up the buttermilk.
- This step is crucial as it helps to soften the oats and give the pancakes a moist texture.
Mixing the dry ingredients in a separate bowl:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Mixing the dry ingredients separately ensures that they are evenly distributed throughout the pancake batter.
- The sugar adds a touch of sweetness to complement the flavors of the oats.
Combining the wet and dry ingredients:
- Take the bowl of soaked oats and add 1/4 cup of melted butter, 1 beaten egg, and 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the soaked oats until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough pancakes.
Cooking the pancakes on a griddle or non-stick pan:
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Lightly grease the surface with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or cooking spray as needed.
- Serve the flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruits, or a dollop of whipped cream.
Tips and tricks for perfect pancakes:
- Make sure to thoroughly soak the oats in buttermilk for the best texture and flavor.
- Letting the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking allows the oats to hydrate further, resulting in fluffy pancakes.
- Use a griddle or non-stick pan for even heat distribution and to prevent sticking.
- Keep the heat at medium to avoid burning the pancakes.
- For extra flavor, consider adding a dash of cinnamon or vanilla extract to the batter.
- To keep the pancakes warm while cooking in batches, place them on a baking sheet in a preheated oven set to low heat.
- Experiment with different toppings and additions, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or shredded coconut, to customize your flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes to your liking.
Enjoy the delightful simplicity of these flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes that combine the wholesome goodness of oats with a hint of sweetness.
Serving And Toppings
Looking to elevate the flavor of your flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes? Let’s explore some delicious serving and topping options that will take these pancakes to a whole new level. From fresh fruits to sweet syrups, the possibilities are endless!
- Fresh fruits such as berries or sliced bananas: Add a burst of freshness and natural sweetness to your pancakes by topping them with a handful of fresh berries like blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries. If you prefer something creamier, sliced bananas can also be a wonderful addition.
- Maple syrup or honey: Indulge your sweet tooth by drizzling some rich maple syrup or golden honey over your oatmeal pancakes. The sticky sweetness will complement the hearty flavors of the pancakes and add a touch of decadence to each bite.
- Whipped cream or yogurt: For a creamy and luscious twist, dollop some fluffy whipped cream or creamy yogurt on top of your pancakes. The light and airy texture will create a delightful contrast with the dense oatmeal pancakes, making each mouthful even more enjoyable.
- Chopped nuts or shredded coconut: Add some crunch and texture to your pancakes with a sprinkle of chopped nuts like walnuts, almonds, or pecans. Their earthy flavors and nutty goodness will perfectly complement the wholesome taste of the oatmeal pancakes. Alternatively, why not try some shredded coconut for a tropical hint?
Creating delicious combinations of toppings can take your flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes to a whole new level. Here are some recommendations:
- Berry bliss: Top your pancakes with a mixture of fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Drizzle with maple syrup for the ultimate fruity delight.
- Banana nut delight: Slice some ripe bananas and sprinkle them with chopped walnuts or almonds. Finish off with a generous drizzle of honey for a sweet and nutty pancake experience.
- Tropical coconut paradise: Sprinkle your pancakes with shredded coconut and top with a combination of sliced bananas and diced pineapple. Add some whipped cream for an extra creamy touch.
- Crunchy maple pecan: Sprinkle chopped pecans over your pancakes and drizzle them generously with maple syrup. The combination of the nutty crunch and sweet syrup will create a true treat for your taste buds.
Remember, the beauty of toppings is that you can get creative and experiment with your own preferred combinations. Mix and match different fruits, syrups, creams, and nuts to discover your personal pancake masterpiece. Let your imagination and taste buds guide you on this delicious journey!
Now that you have a variety of serving and topping ideas, it’s time to get those pancakes sizzling on the griddle. Happy pancake-making and tasty topping adventures!
Frequently Asked Questions Of Flying Biscuit Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
How Do You Make Flying Biscuit Oatmeal Pancakes?
To make flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes, mix oatmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter in a bowl. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat, scoop batter onto the hot surface, and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook until golden brown.
Can I Substitute Regular Flour With Gluten-Free Flour For This Recipe?
Yes, you can substitute regular flour with gluten-free flour for flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes. Use a gluten-free flour blend in the same quantity as mentioned in the recipe, and follow all the other steps as usual.
What Toppings Go Well With Flying Biscuit Oatmeal Pancakes?
Flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes can be topped with a variety of delicious options. Some popular choices include fresh berries, sliced bananas, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts, or a dollop of greek yogurt. Get creative and try different combinations to find your favorite!
Try this: we have explored the delectable flying biscuit oatmeal pancake recipe. Whether you’re a breakfast lover or simply looking to try something new, these pancakes are sure to delight your taste buds. The unique combination of oatmeal and buttermilk creates a fluffy texture with a hint of nuttiness.
The addition of cinnamon and vanilla adds a warm and comforting flavor profile. Furthermore, the use of whole wheat flour ensures a wholesome and nutritious pancake option. This recipe is not only delicious but also easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients.
With a stack of flying biscuit oatmeal pancakes on your plate, you will start your day on a flavorful note. So, why not give this recipe a try and experience the joy of breakfast perfection? Happy pancake flipping!