There is three best detergent for Kitchenaid dishwasher recommended by the manufacturers for Kitchenaid dishwashers: Ecover Automatic Tablets, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Automatic Packs, and Method Power Natural Dishwasher Tabs. In addition, Kitchenaid recommends automatic detergent tablets, which are very popular among many people.
The Finish and Cascade apps work best with Kitchenaid dishwashers when in tablet form. However, most people prefer using natural detergents, such as Method and Ecover.
The following is a brief review of all three of these detergents so that you can decide which of them will be best for your cleaning needs.
Editor’s Pick: Top 5 Best Detergent For Kitchenaid Dishwasher
1. ECOVER DISHWASHER TABS – BEST NATURAL AUTOMATIC DISHWASHING TABLETS
- Contains (6) boxes, each with 25 individual tabs of dishwasher soap inside
- Plant based & mineral automatic dishwasher tabs.
- Powers away stuck on food & gets dishes sparkling clean.
- Made with renewable plant based & mineral ingredients.
- Biodegradable, phosphate free formula.
This one is a great option if you’re looking for an automatic detergent that is natural and in tablet form. As it fulfills all Miele’s recommendations, it works great with your dishwasher.
Using renewable and plant-based ingredients, this detergent is eco-friendly. No harmful substances such as phosphate are included in the ingredients, so the detergent is eco-friendly. Using its natural cleaning formula, it can remove tough stains and leave your dishes crystal clear. Fish-Friendly and non-toxic, this dye is suitable for septic systems.
Some dishes end up tasting bad due to the fact that this detergent comes in a plastic package. Even with these shortcomings, this detergent is still a good choice.
- An all-natural cosmetic made from plant-based ingredients
- Contains no phosphate and is biodegradable
- Fish-friendly and non-toxic
- Easily removes food stains that are stuck on
- Suitable for septic systems
- Plastic wrap is used to cover tablets
- Some dishes are flavored by it
2. MRS. MEYER’S CLEAN DAY – AUTOMATIC DISHWASHER PACKS
- Automatic dishwasher detergent pods leave dishes sparkling clean and are safe for use in all machines
- Dish soap tablets made without animal derived ingredients, phosphates, or chlorine
- Garden-inspired Basil Dish Pacs have a cool, crisp scent that is uplifting & grounding
- Dishwasher tabs load easily in the dishwasher's soap cup for a powerful, sparkling clean
- Mrs. Meyer's products are made with cruelty-free formulas and are Leaping Bunny certified.
It is made with natural ingredients and does not contain harmful chemicals, so this is another best dishwasher detergent for your Miele.
You and your family are going to enjoy using this detergent because it is free of chlorine and phosphorus. In some detergents, there are ingredients that are very damaging to your health and sometimes these substances are found in residue on your dishes.
However, allergies may not be able to handle the smell of this detergent. Those who suffer from allergies should be cautious before purchasing this detergent.
Some dishwashers will not accept these tabs. You should check their compatibility before buying. This detergent does not come in recyclable packaging, which is a big problem. The detergent also leaves a slight smell on dishes.
- Natural ingredients are used to make this product
- Contains no phosphates or chlorine
- An extremely beautiful scent that is reminiscent of gardens
- Ineligible for recycling
- Some dishwasher dispensers will not accommodate tabs
3. METHOD POWER DISHWASHER PACKS – RECOMMENDED FOR MIELE
- Contains (6) resealable pouches with 20 individual packs of dishwasher soap inside
- Dishwasher detergent packs with mineral and plant-based stain lifting power.
- Free of phosphates and chlorine bleach.
- Works hard in hard water. Powerful rinse-aid action.
- Removes 48 hour stuck-on food.
Miele dishwashing pack – recommended for Method Power dishwashers. It is recommended for your Miele dishwasher to use Method Power as the detergent. Miele dishwasher owners are all very fond of it, as they use it the most.
Each tab is made up of triple-action cleansing formula that cleans effectively and quickly. As hard water leaves white films on dishes, this is not good for those with hard water. Rinse aids can resolve this problem.
You need a rinse aid for clear results when you’re washing dishes in hard water because otherwise, they’ll be covered in a white film. Using it for 48 hours, you can get rid of stuck-on foods without using toxic chemicals.
As a whole, I would recommend it as a good product that will effectively clean your glassware items without leaving them cloudy.
- The formula that cleans three ways
- The product that can be recycled
- Based on minerals and non-toxic
- Gets rid of 48-hour stuck-on foods
- With hard water, white film forms
4. Best Overall Dishwasher Detergent: Finish Quantum Dishwashing Tablets
- Finish Quantum Scrubs, Degreases, and Shines. Because There’s Clean. Then There’s so Clean It Shines
- 3 Separate Fast Dissolving Chambers, Delivering 3 Different Power Actions
- Powder: Scrubbing Power to Break Down and Remove Toughest Stuck on Food in One Wash. No need to pre-rinse or soak. Cuts through grease, breaks down and lifts away even 24-hour burnt, dried on food
- Gel: Grease Cutting Power Handles Even the Toughest Messes
- Liquid Powerball: Filled With Power Actions That Dry and Deliver a Finishing Boost of Shine
You can trust Finish Quantum Max dishwasher detergent to tackle whatever you throw at it. We use our Powerball to tackle even the toughest messes the first time, leaving you with a gleaming finish. Its multi-chamber dishwashing technology activates each of the three dish cleaning ingredients on demand so you don’t have to worry about anything during the cycle.
Glassware will retain a sparkling shine for a longer period of time with the Shine & Protect Glass action, and silverware will be further protected with Silver Protection. Septic systems are not harmed by Finish Quantum tablets.
To make dishwashing easier, the tablets are pre-measured, easy to use, and free of wrappers. Finish products worldwide are recommended by dishwasher brands more than others. Co-marketing agreements specify recommendations. Have trouble getting rid of tough messes? Our detergent pods are the answer. Finish Quantum Dishwashing Tablets are the solution.
Everything was cleaned by these tablets. Is the lasagna pans dirty? Not at all! Is there flatware? Clean as a whistle. Have the glasses been smeared with lipstick? I don’t see any smudges. With a blend of gel and powder, these dishwashing pods performed well load after load. When we tested Finish, we never had to rewash anything we took out of the dishwasher and that’s the true sign of a great dishwasher detergent.
The product does have a powerful scent, so keep that in mind. Our other picks (they’re all wonderful) may be a better fit for you if you are sensitive to this.
5. Cascade Platinum ActionPacs Dishwasher Dishwasher Detergent
With a film-fighting blend of rinse aids and film-removing ingredients, these dishwashing pods are guaranteed to leave glassware and stemware spot-free, every time. You won’t have to polish those wine glasses since you can go from dishwasher to cupboard!
Plates, pots, pans, and flatware were also easily cleaned with Cascade Platinum. After the cycle, no food stains or trace of food was evident.
6. Lemi Shine Natural Dishwasher Pods – All-in-One Powder & Gel Dishwasher Detergent Pods with Powerful Citric Acid, 65 Count
- SPARKLINGLY CLEAN FINISH: Lemi Shine Natural Dishwasher Detergent Pods are Dual Chamber, Powder and Gel Combo, so you can finally skip the pre-wash and take plates directly from the table to your dishwasher. Includes a bonus pack of Dishwasher Cleaner, Winner of PARENTS Best Green Cleaners 2021!
- NO MESS, NO POWDERS: Our dishwashing detergent pods clean and remove grease, stains, and stuck on food from dishware, without leaving a soapy residue.
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND GREEN CLEANING: Powered by natural citric acid, making our dishwashing pods a safer and more eco-friendly choice for cleaning your dishes.
- EASY TO USE: Lemi Shine dishwasher detergent powder and gel pods are easy to use, environmentally friendly and leave your dishes smelling clean with a fresh lemon scent
- GUARANTEED CLEAN EVEN IN HARD WATER: Lemi Shine dishwasher soap is effective in cleaning your dishes' toughest stains, without bleach or ammonia, even in hard water.
Increasingly, we’re moving toward greener kitchens, and that includes cleaning products. The Lemi Shine Natural Dishwashing Pods are eco-friendly and provide a great clean. Powdered detergent and cleaning gel are combined in these pods for a thorough clean.
I was able to wash the dishes after each load without leaving any residue behind. Lemi Shine’s fresh smell was also well received by testers. By using citric acid, this brand cuts through grease and leaves a fresh lemon scent behind. We also recommend Lemi Shine Disposal Cleaner if your disposal needs a little freshening up.
You can now skip prewashing plates and take them straight to your dishwasher with Lemi Shine Natural Dishwasher Detergent Pods. The PARENTS Best Green Cleaner 2021 Winner includes Dishwasher Cleaner! Leaving no soapy residue, our dishwashing detergent pods clean and remove grease, stains, and stuck-on foods from dishware.
The dishwashing pods are powered by natural citric acid, making them a safer and more eco-friendly way to clean your dishes. It’s easy to use, environmentally friendly and leaves your dishes smelling fresh and clean with a lemon scent when you use Lemi Shine dishwasher detergent products. Lemi Shine dishwasher soap efficiently cleans your dishes’ toughest stains, even in hard water, without using bleach or ammonia.
7. Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs, Fragrance-Free, 73 Count
- Enzyme rich formula cuts through tough grease and food residue to leave dishes sparkling clean
- Free of fragrances, dyes, phosphates, and chlorine bleach
- Convenient single dose dishwasher packs, just toss right into the dishwasher
- USDA Certified Bio-based product 78 percent
- Tub packaging designed for compact, easy storage and freshness
Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs manage to combine natural and eco-friendly qualities with affordability. These pods are free of scents, dyes, and chlorine bleach, making them ideal for people with more sensitivities.
But do not be fooled by the “free-of” label. You will always get clean dishes and silverware when you use these powder-based packs. The only test in which Seventh Generation did not perform well was with highly pigmented lipsticks. Getting every speck out of that stemware might require you to wash it by hand. Dishes are left sparkling clean after using this enzyme-rich formula. It is fragrance-free, dye-free, phosphate-free, and chlorine-free.
The convenient dishwasher packs can be thrown straight into the dishwasher. 78 percent of products are certified biodegradable by the USDA. Compact, easy-to-store and fresh tub packaging. Messes shouldn’t slow you down when life is busy. Dishwasher packs from Seventh Generation deliver a powerful and convenient clean that removes tough residue in just one wash without the need for pre-rinsing.
With our single-dose dishwasher packs, you can simply toss right into the dishwasher rather than dealing with traditional powders or gels – no unwrapping or measuring required. Featuring a clever shape that fits neatly into tight places and a flip-top closure, our new packaging is 100% recyclable and keeps products fresh for months.
Plant-based Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs are fragrance-free, dye-free, phosphate-free, and chlorine-free. We trust that we can get the job done without them. Seventh Generation has thoughtfully formulated Safe for more than 25 years.
How We Found The Best KitchenAid Dishwasher Detergent
Taste of Home tested 10 brands of dishwashing tablets in order to find the best detergent.
- Cleaning power: What happens when the dishwasher is full of dishes and the detergent is used? Do the dishes become clean completely after using the detergent? Can lipstick stains be removed with the detergent? Is there any evidence of water spots remaining after washing? Does the glassware look crystal clear after it has been washed?
- Price: Dishwashing pods cost how much? What is the price per unit?
- Extras: The detergent smells good, but how does it feel? How easy is it to open and close the packaging?
Dishwasher detergents we prefer from our test kitchen. Our testers found the best dishwasher detergent after months of testing and hundreds of loads of dishes.
The three detergents we reviewed are a great match with your Miele dishwasher, and Miele also recommends these detergents.
You can choose any of these three detergents, but the last Method Power Dishwasher Pack is favored the most by users of Miele dishwashers. It’s one of the best detergents for KitchenAid dishwasher